Scalp elasticity is an important factor for any successful FUT. Please start massaging your scalp some 8 weeks before your FUT. This should be done daily for 5 - 10 minutes in the mornings and evenings. Massage the back of your head in particular. The following 2 exercises need to be done regularly, as they help give your scalp greater elasticity. This in turn has a number of positive effects on your FUT treatment:
- More hair follicles can be extracted from the donor area in one go.
- Scalp tension after the transplantation is reduced.
- Scars caused by the FUT are more acceptable and not so visible.
- Hook your hands together behind your head and move your scalp as seen on the photos in the brochure. The arrows indicate the requisite up-and-down movement.
- Use your fingers to feel where the base of your skull is at the back of your head. Place your hands about 2 - 3 cm above this position, with your palms flat on your head.
- Move the scalp to and fro by pulling your hands forwards towards the forehead.
- Press your hands firmly on your head so that you can actually move your scalp and not just stroke over your hair.
- Do this exercise once in the morning and once in the evening, each time for 5 - 10 minutes.
Press your hands hard against both sides of the head - as shown in the photo in the brochure.
Move your scalp up and down as far as it will go. Take care that you actually move your scalp and not just glide your hands over your head.
Do this exercise once in the morning and once in the evening, each time for 5 - 10 minutes.